Saturday, August 11, 2012

Good Days are Here Again

"Those were the good old days..."


Were they?


   I often look back on things and think that. The people and the places I went in the past now seem so delicate. Delicate in the sense that they were really great and nothing can change that memory.

Next I'll think  "If only I was back at that time again." But what's funny is I probably was never aware that I was experiencing the good times when they were happening.
Of course I had fun when I was with the people I really cared about and knew it. But I think I should have appreciated them even more.
 



If this is really the case that only things in the past were good, then things must be getting progressively worse.  Either they are or your memory of the past is distorted. Maybe some of things look so nice because you're only remembering the good.
Certain places you can never return to. People you once spent time with are no longer your friends. Dwelling on this gets to be so painful. Change isn't easy, especially when it's a change for the worse.

So what now?  You just have to hope that you will be happy sometime in the future and do things memorable, big or small.


No comments:

Post a Comment